Throughout college, and even after, you will probably have to request a copy of your academic transcript. An academic transcript contains information on your dates of attendance, grades and other degree information. Transcripts are sometimes needed when applying for jobs, internships, scholarships and grants as well as other things. You can request copies of your transcript in person, by mail or fax through the Maryville University Registrar’s Office located in Gander Hall.
The easiest way to request a copy of your transcript is by filling out a Transcript Request form. These forms are available online at http://www.maryville.edu/academics-registrar-transcripts or in the Registrar’s office. Requesting your transcript can be a hassle and there are a few things you should know before you begin.
Here are a few tips for making this process quick and easy:
- Print off several copies of the Transcript Request form and keep some filed for when you need them in the future.
- Make sure you do not have an outstanding financial obligation to Maryville. Transcripts will not be released if there is an outstanding financial obligation.
- Check to see if the recipient will accept a copy of your Unofficial Transcript. Maryville provides copies of your unofficial transcript at no charge while Official Transcripts (those with Maryville University’s seal) are $5.00 a copy.
- Gather information needed to fill out form:
- Student ID #
- Social Security #
- Address of Recipient
- Credit Card Information if paying by credit card for an Official Transcript
For more information on requesting your transcript, contact the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com or 314.529.9360.